If you love diverse, classic architecture, tree-lined streets and historical character, be sure the Meridian-Kessler neighborhood is on your list. This charming area’s borders are 38th St. north to Kessler Blvd., and Meridian St. east to the Monon Trail. Whether you enjoy art, local shopping, local dining or a local farmer’s market, you’ll likely find it within walking distance.
Although just minutes from downtown, the Meridian-Kessler area will make you feel transported to another, more elegant time. With a true neighborhood feel, your family will feel right at home in this lovely area.
- Learn About Meridian-Kessler Schools
- See Meridian-Kessler School Grades by Indiana Dept. of Education
Parks, Recreation, Entertainment & Culture
Meridian-Kessler lays claim to many local attractions within its borders. Here are a just a few. And of course, with easy access to downtown Indianapolis, endless choices are just a short car, bicycle or bus ride away!
- Clowe’s Memorial Hall at Butler University
- Holliday Park
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Meridian Hills Country Club & Golf Course
- Meridian-Kessler Home Tour
- Monon Trail
- Tarkington Park
Restaurants & Shopping
Although just minutes from downtown, the Meridian-Kessler has so much to offer that you may often decide to stay in the neighborhood to enjoy fine dining and shopping.
- Hubbard & Cravens Coffee & Tea
- Illinois Street Food Emporium
- Marco’s Restaurant & Lounge
- The Meridian
- Twenty Tap